School Rules & Regulation
1. ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY
1.1. Attendance in school is compulsory. Attendance will be taken by the first period of the day.
2. SCHOOL UNIFORM
2.1 The School uniform is to be worn whenever a student comes to school and at all school related activities including those held during the school vacation or outside the school premises. Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
2.2 Uniform Prescription
2.2.1 Name tags are to be sewn on the left of their school uniform below the school badge, and above the school badge for PE T-shirt.
2.2.2 For boys, their shirts are to be tucked in at all times.
2.2.3 For girls, their pinafores are to be at most 3 fingers length from the knee cap.
2.2.4 For girls, their belts are to be worn within the belt hoops.
2.3 Shoes and Socks
2.3.1 Only white canvas shoes are allowed.
2.3.2 Only RVPS socks are to be worn at all times.
2.4 School Tie
School ties are to be worn on Monday, General Assembly day.
2.5 PE Attire
2.5.1 Students are allowed to report to school in their PE attire on days which they have PE lessons. PE T-shirts are to be tucked in at all times.
2.5.2 On CCA days (Fridays) , P3-P6 students may wear their CCA T-shirt for the whole day.
2.6.1 No ornaments or jewellery are allowed.
2.6.2 For girls, only a pair of simple gold or silver ear studs is allowed
2.6.3 For girls, only a set of ear hole piercing is allowed.
2.7.1 No fanciful hair cut is allowed.
2.7.2 For boys, hair must be cut short and neat with slope at the back and not touching the collar. The hair at both sides should not be touch the ears. Long side-burns are not allowed. Hair must be not be gelled or waxed.
2.7.3 All boys must be clean shaven, and no wearing of beard and moustache.
2.7.4 For girls, if they have hair touching the second line of the collar, it must be tied up neatly only with black or navy blue elastic band. Loose hair or fringe must be neatly pinned up. Fanciful haircuts are not allowed. Hair must not be tinted, dyed or gelled.
5. SMART COMMUNICATION DEVICES
To provide a conducive and safe learning environment within the school, we strongly discourage students from bringing their smart devices (mobile phones, smart watches, tablets, iPads, etc.) to school. We encourage parents/guardians to relay urgent messages via the General Office staff. At the same time, we recognize the need for parents/guardians to contact their child/ward on urgent matters during dismissal or after school hours. In cases where the need is genuine, we allow the students to bring their smart devices upon signing the smart communication device contract.
This contract can be downloaded here.
However, the students would be bound by the following rules on its usage;
1. Smart devices should not be seen or heard or used during school hours.
2. For urgent cases during school hours, students are allowed to make calls to their parents at the General Office.
3. Smart devices can only be used to contact parents/caregivers at the foyer, outside the General Office, after school hours.
4. Students must be responsible in the use and safe keeping of their smart devices. Smart devices, which are brought to school, are sole responsibility of the owners and the school bears no responsibility for their loss or damages.
5. Non-compliance on the use of any smart devices in the school will result in the following consequences:
i. Students who do not adhere to the above rules will have their smart devices confiscated after the second reminder. Parents/Guardians will be required to personally collect the smart device from the student’s respective Form Teachers.
ii. Students who have any smart devices in their possession during examinations and tests will be considered as having the intention to cheat. This will be regarded as a serious offence.
iii. The privilege of bringing smart devices to school will be withdrawn for repeat offenders.
6. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
River Valley Primary School considers environmental education as an important part of providing a holistic education for our students. Our school aims to inspire and edify a proactive and environmentally conscious school comunity with programme and green activities to promote learning and environmental conservation efforts.
Each individual in RVPS is an advocate an a leader in:
- reducing waste,
- conserving water and energy,
- taking responsible action to stop pollution,
- maximising the use of recyclable and reusable materials,
- educating and participating in school-wide and community greening efforts, and protecting, preserving and caring for the biodiversity of the environment in school, in our country and the world.
There should be silence when students gather at any assembly area.
7.1 Students are expected to read a book
- before assembly in the assembly area.
- while waiting for their teachers in the classrooms.
7.2 All students are expected to be well-behaved, polite and courteous at all times. Students are to greet school staff when they meet them.
7.3 Students must treat school property with care. Vandalism is a serious offence that carries severe consequences.
7.4 All students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
7.5 Students should practice proper toilet habits such as flushing the toilet and washing their hands properly with soap and water after use.
7.6 Students should not litter any part of the school premises at all times.